Giant Peruvian Lima Beans with Corn and Bell Pepper, served with Bhutanese Red Rice with Kale (No Added Fat)
- 1 cup Giant Peruvian lima beans
- Ample (maybe 1 1/2 cups) boiling water to cover the beans
- Water (boiling or not) to just cover the beans (just under a cup or so)
- Vegan bouillon cube
- 1 cup bell pepper cut into approx. 1/4" x 3/4" slices
- 1 cup corn (I used frozen flame-roasted corn)
- 1/2 cup onion cut into 3/8" cubes
- 1/4 t (or to taste) salt
- 1/8 t dried oregano
- 1T nutritional yeast
- 2T fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice
- I asked my wife to soak the lima beans in boiling water while I was out doing an errand.
- The beans had soaked for a little over 2 hours when I rinsed them and then put them, along with the additional 3/4 cup water and bouillon cube, into my Instant Pot pressure cooker and cooked for 28m.
- After the cooking was done, I waited a few minutes and gently released pressure, then added the bell pepper and corn. I would have been done, but I used frozen vegetables, so turned the pressure cooker on for an additional minute of low pressure cooking.
- When I was ready to serve, I opened the pot slowly, and added onion, salt, oregano, nutritional yeast, and lemon juice.