My wife and daughter are away for a few days so I'm cooking for myself. I made a simple dinner tonight. I cut up:
- A small carrot into 1/4" lengths
- A medium zucchini into 1/2" lengths
- Half of an unripe green tomato into 1/2" cubes
- Half of a small leek halved then cut into 1/2" lengths
- 3 or 4 kale leaves (stems excepted) roughly hand cut into approximately 1" pieces, and
- A little bit (maybe 1/2 t) diced (1/4") jalapeno.
I put that all, along with 3T or so of water and 4 ounces of seitan strips, into my Instant Pot
pressure cooker and cooked for 2 minutes. I served with a bit of lemon pepper. Tomato with olive, along with cranberry sauce, completed the meal.
It was good! My jalapeno was quite hot and made me wish that I had not used it, or used it very modestly. If I had had ginger, I would have added it to the dish. I can try making something like this for my family, but my wife and many others probably would want a bit of salt (capers would be nice, instead), and my daughter, alas, doesn't like zucchini.
Labels: Instant Pot, Kale, No Added Fat