Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Seitan with Vegetables (No Added Fat)

My wife and daughter are away for a few days so I'm cooking for myself. I made a simple dinner tonight. I cut up:

  • A small carrot into 1/4" lengths
  • A medium zucchini into 1/2" lengths
  • Half of an unripe green tomato into 1/2" cubes
  • Half of a small leek halved then cut into 1/2" lengths
  • 3 or 4 kale leaves (stems excepted) roughly hand cut into approximately 1" pieces, and
  • A little bit (maybe 1/2 t) diced (1/4") jalapeno.
I put that all, along with 3T or so of water and 4 ounces of seitan strips, into my Instant Pot pressure cooker and cooked for 2 minutes. I served with a bit of lemon pepper. Tomato with olive, along with cranberry sauce, completed the meal.

It was good! My jalapeno was quite hot and made me wish that I had not used it, or used it very modestly. If I had had ginger, I would have added it to the dish. I can try making something like this for my family, but my wife and many others probably would want a bit of salt (capers would be nice, instead), and my daughter, alas, doesn't like zucchini.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home