Spicy Brussels Sprouts, Jade Pearl Rice with Edamame, Kabocha Squash with Cranberry Sauce (No Added Fat, Gluten Free)
Thanksgiving with about 650 people expected on Thanksgiving Day! We had an event on Sunday at Vegan Flava Café with about 100 people, and a second Pre-Thanksgiving yesterday at Kipos Greek Taverna, also with about 100 people.
For tonight, my daughter and I came home with her hungry and wanting miso soup with tofu, and that's what I quickly put together for her. I took advantage of my daughter's not eating with us to make a spicier dish than normal for my wife and me. I thought I'd make a dish featuring Brussels sprouts.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, rinsed, then very ends and outer leaves removed, and finally halved (approximately 2 dozen sprouts, about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup water
- 1t each jalapeno and ginger, finely (1/8" or so) diced
- 1/4 cup onion, cut into 3/8" cubes
- 1/8 t (or to taste) salt
- pinch or two of turmeric
- Dozen or so rosemary needles, halved
- 1t fresh lemon juice
- I put the water and steamer trivet into my Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- I put the Brussels sprouts on top of the trivet in the pressure cooker, being careful that none fell through the gaps, and pressure steamed for 2 minutes.
- When I was ready to serve dinner, I opened the Instant Pot slowly, and mixed the Brussels sprouts with the jalapeno, ginger, onion, salt, turmeric, rosemary, and lemon juice.