Haricots Verts Soup with Seitan, Massaged Kale Salad with Meyer Lemon (No Added Fat)
Durham Co-op Market on Mondays, when their hot bar is all vegan, in honor of Meatless Mondays. They had an awesome soup, full of green beans, mushrooms, and I think wheat berries. My daughter doesn't like mushrooms and I didn't have time to cook wheat berries, but I wanted to make a green bean soup. I found at the store half-priced French green beans (haricots verts). I prepared the following meal:
- 8 ounces French green beans cut into halves
- 8 ounces seitan cut into 1/2" cubes
- 3/4 cup onion cut into half moons approx. 1/4" (or slightly less) x 1 1/4"
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped coarsely into approximately 1/8" pieces
- 1t rosemary needles, halved
- 4 cups water
- 2 vegan bouillon cubes
- 1/4 t salt (or to taste)
- I put all of the ingredients into my Instant Pot pressure cooker and cooked on low pressure for 3 minutes.
- When I was ready to serve dinner, I opened the pressure cooker slowly and put the soup into bowls.