Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Sweet Potato and Kale with Tempeh (No Added Fat)

I had a yummy 8 ounces of tempeh that I wanted to cook, but I know that my daughter doesn't like tempeh, though she sometimes enjoys smoke-flavored tempeh. She and I love tofu, but my wife can't digest tofu. I decided to make a dish with tempeh cooked in and to serve around the tempeh for my daughter, substituting raw tofu. Here is what I did.


Ingredients
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 1 cup chopped kale
  • 8 ounces tempeh cut into approx. 1/2" x 1/2" x 1/4" cubes
  • 10 ounces of sweet potato in 3/4" cubes
  • Vegan bouillon cube
  • Half of a large 28 ounce can of stewed tomatoes (i.e., 14 ounces)
  • 1/8 cup water
  • 1 t chopped basil
  • 1/2 cup onion cut into 3/8" cubes
Process
  1. I put all of the ingredients except the onion into my Instant Pot pressure cooker and cooked for only two minutes.
  2. After the cooking was done, I waited a few minutes and gently released pressure, then opened the pot and mixed in the onion, and served.
Results

Pending

Ideas for the future

Pending

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home