Monday, February 01, 2016

Chickpeas and Cauliflower with Greens (No Added Fat)


Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups dry chickpeas
  • Water - first batch to amply cover the chickpeas and the second batch to just cover them
  • Vegan bouillon cube
  • Head of cauliflower cut into florets (about 3 cups)
  • 1/2 head of kale, stems excepted, roughly hand torn into approximately 3/4" squares
  • 3/4 cups onion cut into 1/4" cubes
  • 1/2 t (or to taste) salt
  • 1/2 t turmeric
  • 1 t ground cumin
  • 1/2 garlic powder
Process
  1. Chickpeas cook under pressure in 35-40m if unsoaked or 20-25m if soaked. I rinsed then soaked in ample water for about 7 hours the chickpeas, then did a final rinse.
  2. I covered the chickpeas in enough water to just cover them, added the bouillon cube, and cooked in my Instant Pot pressure cooker for 20m.
  3. After the cooking was done, I waited a few minutes and gently released pressure, and opened the pot.
  4. The chickpeas were, predictably, done, but just a bit firm (they could have been served as they were). I added the cauliflower and kale, and cooked for another 2 minutes.
  5. When I was ready to serve, I opened the pot slowly, and added salt, turmeric, cumin, and garlic powder.
I also made Jade Pearl rice.

Results

Pending

Ideas for the future

Pending

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home