Chickpeas and Cauliflower with Greens (No Added Fat)
- 1 1/2 cups dry chickpeas
- Water - first batch to amply cover the chickpeas and the second batch to just cover them
- Vegan bouillon cube
- Head of cauliflower cut into florets (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 head of kale, stems excepted, roughly hand torn into approximately 3/4" squares
- 3/4 cups onion cut into 1/4" cubes
- 1/2 t (or to taste) salt
- 1/2 t turmeric
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1/2 garlic powder
- Chickpeas cook under pressure in 35-40m if unsoaked or 20-25m if soaked. I rinsed then soaked in ample water for about 7 hours the chickpeas, then did a final rinse.
- I covered the chickpeas in enough water to just cover them, added the bouillon cube, and cooked in my Instant Pot pressure cooker for 20m.
- After the cooking was done, I waited a few minutes and gently released pressure, and opened the pot.
- The chickpeas were, predictably, done, but just a bit firm (they could have been served as they were). I added the cauliflower and kale, and cooked for another 2 minutes.
- When I was ready to serve, I opened the pot slowly, and added salt, turmeric, cumin, and garlic powder.