Crimini Mushroom and Vegetable Medley served with Jade Pearl Rice with Coconut Curry Tempeh (No Added Fat)
Before I detail what I did tonight, I wanted to describe a fun dessert that my daughter and I made earlier in the day. As I described on June 29 and 18, I tried out a local company, Purple Carrot, who distributes healthful vegan meal recipes and ingredients. I hope that they will in fact make it as we'd probably subscribe.
There was a third recipe of theirs that I had and only today made, chocolate chip and coconut energy bites. The "bites" came out well but, even better, I love the blog that it comes from, Paint + Tofu. It's an intriguing name with some great recipes and discussion! Anyway, on to dinner.
- Carrot cut into 1/4" pieces
- Baby broccoli bunch, stems cut into 1/4" pieces and crown area simply halved
- 1 scallion (green onion) cut into 3/8" pieces
- 8 ounces crimini (also known as baby bella, but regular white can also be used) mushrooms, cut into 1/2" pieces
- (optional) 1 small hot chili pepper cut into quarters
- Vegan bouillon cube
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 t black salt (kala namak), or any other kind of salt
- I put all the ingredients except the salt into the Instant Pot pressure cooker and cooked on high pressure for 3 minutes.
- I let the pressure cooker come down in temperature then removed the top, mixed in the salt, removed the chili pepper (I knew it would be hot so had cut into large chunks so that I could easily remove at this point), and served.
By the way, the marinated tofu comes in at 3g of fat per half package. I used less than a half package, and made 3 servings, so I feel justified in calling this a no-added-fat meal.
Ideas for the future