Monday, September 01, 2014

Reworked Cauliflower Stew, Spicy Corn-off-the-Cob (Almost No Added Fat)

We are happy to have my wife back in town! I put dinner together quickly for my daughter by serving leftovers for her (vegan macaroni and "cheese") along with tomato and ground seitan. For my wife and me, I remade the cauliflower stew from Friday by putting it in a large Saladmaster stock pot, and adding a half dozen fingerling potatoes cut into 1/2" pieces, half a bell pepper cut into 1/2" pieces, about half of a head of kale (stems excepted) roughly hand-torn into 5/8" pieces, about half a cup of Victoria Vegan Vodka Sauce, and a bit of crushed red pepper, hot sauce, dried oregano, and salt.

I cooked waterlessly by covering the pan and turning it on to medium high till the vapor button started jiggling, then reduced the heat to low so that there was no or minimal jiggling. I let it cook for at least 20 minutes, then served, along with spicy corn-off-the-cob with lemon juice, and tomato slices.

My wife, who didn't like the original stew, loved it today, as did I! The corn was also good, as was the salad.

The vodka sauce has 12g of fat per half a cup; I used about a half cup, but it made a lot, enough for my wife and me, plus an equivalent serving I'm taking for my daughter's teacher. That ends up being about 4g of fat per serving, so I'll list this as "almost no added fat".

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home