Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Deep Dish Cornmeal Crust Pizza with Crumbled Seitan, Chickpea and Red Pepper Fries

My wife was out tonight, so it was just my daughter and me for dinner, and I thought I'd have her help me make a pizza! We used a nice frozen crust that we like, Vicolo organic crust pizza shells. Toppings included onion, two kinds of olives, bell pepper, and Daiya vegan cheese. My daughter enjoyed her pizza with raw kale, as well.

We found a few days ago an interesting frozen product, veggie fries, which I also served. We picked up the chickpea and red pepper variety; it also comes in carrot, broccoli, and tuscan beans and herbs. Each variety has, surprisingly, only 20-40mg of sodium, 3-4g of fiber, and 7g of fat per cup. That isn't bad for an occasional treat - which these fries are! They're tasty!

Dinner was great. We both loved the meal. Sometimes convenience foods are - convenient and good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home