Tempeh, Kale, and Brussels Sprouts served with Tri-Color Quinoa (No Added Fat)
A friend, who is joining me for the American Dance Festival show tonight, was possibly coming for dinner, depending on her schedule, and she doesn't eat onions, peppers, or much spice. I prepared a meal in case she could make it. I turns out she couldn't, but I took a serving for her to enjoy for lunch tomorrow. Here is what I did.
- 4 ounces tempeh cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 medium carrots cut into 1/4" slices
- Cup of broccoli florets
- Medium Japanese eggplant, cut into 3/8" slices
- 12 Brussels sprouts, halved
- 6 cremini (or other) mushrooms cut into 3/8" slices
- 1 cup spinach
- 1t ginger, finely chopped
- 4 leaves kale, stems removed, then leaves roughly hand torn into approximately 3/4" squares
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1/8 t salt
- I put all the ingredients into the Instant Pot pressure cooker and set on a 3 minute high pressure cycle.
- When I was ready to serve, I slowly let the steam out and served.
I'm glad that I experimented with tempeh. Perhaps tempeh would be more successful if first marinated and then pressure cooked in the marinade. I hope to try that sometime soon.