Simple Potato Salad, French Filet Beans (No Added Fat)
- About 20 green beans cut into 1 1/2" lengths. I used the delicate purple colored French Filet Beans (from Four Leaf Farm that I picked up just an hour or two earlier at the local farmer's market; I don't think I've had these before - they're so tender that they also taste good raw)
- 1/8 cup onion cut into 3/8" cubes
- 1/4 t lemon or lime juice
- 1/8 t salt
- 2T fresh basil leaves cut chiffonade style into 1/4" ribbons
- I put the onion into a warmed cast iron pan (I preheated on medium and started the onion when a piece would lightly sizzle) with no added fat, stirred occasionally for 2 minutes, then added the beans.
- I cooked the beans briefly, about 2 more minutes; as expected, the purple beans started turning a bit green, and I stopped when there was just a bit of green patches.
- I added the lemon juice and salt, and kept warm in a toaster oven till I was ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, I mixed in the basil and then served.
Labels: No Added Fat