Brussels Sprouts with Zucchini, Seitan, and Napa Cabbage, served with Tri-Color Quinoa with Kale and Carrot (No Added Fat)
- About a dozen Brussels sprouts, outer leaves and stem end removed
- Zucchini cut into 3/8" cubes
- Half red onion cut into 1/4" cubes (any other onion could also do)
- Cup of water
- Another half red (or other) onion cut into 1/4" cubes
- Cup of shredded (approx. 1/4" x 1" pieces) Napa cabbage
- Approximately 4 ounces of shredded seitan
- (Optional) 1/2 t salt
- I put the zucchini and the first half red onion into the Instant Pot, added the water, then put in the pot's mesh.
- I put the Brussels sprouts on the mesh - there was just enough water that it wasn't touching the sprouts.
- I turned the pot on high pressure for 3 minutes.
- When I was ready to serve, I released any remaining pressure gently and opened the pot carefully.
- I like how Brussels sprouts come out in the pressure cooker, but they are sometimes overcooked. I now sliced each sprout in half - by doing so at the beginning, they would have been even softer.
- In a bowl, I mixed the cooked vegetables, the second half onion, the cabbage, and seitan; I skipped the salt.