Monday, September 26, 2011

Organic Cornmeal Deep-Dish Pizza

I teach a fun baby photography class as a childbirth educator at UNC Hospital, and had a session tonight. I often eat out when I teach at night, but came home right after class tonight. By the time we got my daughter to sleep and my wife and I took some time to talk, it was around 11:30p and I hadn't eaten. My wife had made something for herself, so I just had to get a meal together for myself.

I love Vicolo pizza organic cornmeal deep-dish pizza shells. I used one of a pack of two while my daughter and wife were away last weekend, and decided to use the second tonight. I did a quick saute of a chopped Field Roast Grain Meat Company apple-sage vegan sausage in garlic oil (extra virgin olive oil with garlic flavoring), adding maybe a sixth of a green bell pepper cut into thin strips. I mixed in some organic eggplant marinara sauce and topped the crust, adding cheddar-style (with a little bit of mozarella-style) Daiya vegan cheese, and baked in a 425°F oven for about 15 minutes, then served with a quick mixed greens salad with carrot.

Dinner was fast (less than a half hour from beginning of preparation to eating) and tasty! I even had several slices for leftovers, and a small slice for my toddler's lunch box.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home