Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pesto and Fresh Tomato over Brown Rice Angel Hair Pasta, Vegan Apple-Sage Sausage, and Rosemary Sourdough Bread with Golden Raisins

My daughter and wife are enroute home from a lovely vacation in Cape Cod, spending the day today in Boston. I ended up missing a nice trip, including my cousin's wedding, when I hurt my toe late last week. I've missed my wife and daughter, but they'll be back in a few hours!

Today in the store, I found a new pasta, DeBoles' angel hair pasta with golden flax (gluten-free, made with brown rice) with golden flax. I've recently been craving a simple angel hair pasta with a rich but basic marinara sauce. No marinara today, but I whipped up a little pesto to top the pasta, and mixed some fresh tomatoes in. A grilled Field Roast Grain Meat Company vegan apple-sage sausage was a hearty accompaniment.

Yesterday at the annual meeting of Weaver Street Market, they unveiled a new product. They make great breads and now will be making a new variety, rosemary sourdough with golden raisins. It's quite good - and I served a piece of it with tonight's meal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home