Thursday, June 04, 2009

Sweet Orange Hot Chili Tempeh and Potato with Rice Noodles, served with Purple Sweet Potato

I started baking lovely, locally-grown purple sweet potatoes in my toaster oven at 400°F oven for about an hour (generally, about 40-60 minutes, depending on the size). In the meantime, I cut a large Yukon Gold potato into chunks maybe 1 1/2" by 1/2" or so, and started sauteeing them over medium heat. I put a handful of wide rice noodles in a bowl of hot tap water to soak.

I cut up half of a package of tempeh, and put the tempeh into a bowl, covering with Wild Thymes brand Sweet Orange Hot Chili sauce and marinade. I chopped a red onion that I purchased at the farmer's market into half moons between 1/4" and 1/2" in width, and also cut a third of a large bell pepper into thick strips.

After about 10 minutes or so, when a fork could easily pierce the potato with slight pressure (i.e., just cooked and not overcooked), I added the onion and tempeh, including the marinade. I cooked for another 5-7 minutes or so till the tempeh started browning, then added the pepper and rice noodles for a final few minutes of cooking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home