Saturday, May 23, 2009

Punjabi Eggplant, Pretzel Bread, Hearty Salad with Walnuts and Lemon Tahini Dressing

We were hanging out at Weaver Street Market, enjoying the Friday early evening, and thinking we'd eat at Panzanella's just behind the store, but baby was being distracted so we went home. I picked a few things up that I could easily prepare, including a wonderful pretzel-shaped bread (similar in taste to their seeded ciabatta) that Weaver Street sometimes makes. There is a line of convenient Indian (and Thai, I believe) foods by a company called Tasty Byte; the ingredients are good and don't include all sorts of strange sounding chemicals, and they just require boiling for a few minutes within the foil bag the food comes in. I bought their Punjab Eggplant - it turned out to be very tasty (and a bit spicy hot) -- I really liked it! I also made a big salad including baby herb salad greens, tomato, red bell pepper, walnuts, and big pieces of olives, all mixed together with lemon tahini dressing (I actually rarely use dressing, but rather lemon or lime juice along with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper). It was a good meal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home