Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sunshine Burger has a new falafel burger (and, according to their website, also a new breakfast burger)! We like their products; not only are they vegan, but there are organic choices and the products are non-soy. I was happy to find this a day or two ago and served it today, topped with lemon hummus. It was good! My only complaint was that the burger was crumbly, but it was mainly my fault, serving it on a small piece of bread. This burger calls for a proper vegan bun!
Today was a big day; for a week or so, my almost 6-month-old daughter has been showing signs of being ready for solid food. On our doctor's recommendation, as well as what we subsequently found in our own research, avocado is an ideal first food after breast milk. So this afternoon we sat our lovely daughter down, expecting her to reject the avocado that we offered her, but she accepted and seemed to like it! She only took maybe a quarter teaspoonful, but it was a big first step!
So I guess we'll have avocado around for her till we try another food. I served some pieces of avocado with dinner, as well as some leftover kale from day before yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home