Monday, April 27, 2009

Gang Ped Red Curry with Seitan

I had a can of hot Satay brand Gang Ped Red Curry, and warmed it over medium-high heat. I took about ten small Australian Crescent fingerling potatoes and cut them into 1/4" thick discs. I added the potatoes to the curry, simmering, uncovered, for about 10 minutes till the potato was barely cooked. I then added about a dozen small baby carrots (I was surprised to learn recently from my wife that the baby carrot, while it can be a tender immature carrot, at least in the U.S. is typically a full-grown carrot cut into small pieces!), cut into halves, as well as ten or so baby Brussels sprouts (these are small, young vegetables), also cut into halves, a package of seitan cut into thick 1/2" cubes, and a medium shallot cut into thick 3/8" half-moons.

I let it cook another 5 minutes or so, then served atop some brown and wild rice. I wish I had some cucumbers; instead, I served avocado. I found the curry to be hot, so added a dollop of coconut milk plain vegan yogurt. The main course was hot enough that after the meal, I also had some lemon soy yogurt.

2 Comments:

At Mon May 04, 10:40:00 AM EDT, Blogger VeggieAmanda said...

As always, your food looks yummy!

 
At Thu May 28, 03:28:00 AM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks, Amanda! I hope that we get to see you again, soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home