Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Thai Fingerling Potatoes, Sauteed Plantain

We have enjoyed having my wife's father visiting from India, and for his last dinner with us this trip, I thought I would prepare a Thai dish. I cut a medium onion into medium-thin (maybe 3/8") half moons, and started sauteeing the onion over medium-high heat. A minute or so later, I added about four fingerling potatoes, cut into 3/4" thick slices. Then ... I, unfortunately left this in draft form till May 26th, so don't remember the rest of the details, alas! I do know that I served some sauteed plantains on the side.

I also made a Thai cucumber salad. I mixed a little ume plum vinegar and fresh lime juice with a little bit of diced jalapeno, salt, pepper, and a bit of red chile powder, and let it marinate for an hour or so while I prepared the main course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home