Thursday, May 07, 2009

Shiitake Mushroom Thick Cornmeal Crust Pizza, Onion Rings and Tater Tots

I found unusually large shiitake mushrooms at Whole Foods that reminded me of large ones I harvest at home whenever my log is ready to generate another crop. I came up with the idea of making a nice shiitake mushroom pizza.

I crumbled a spicy vegan Mexican Chipotle sausage by the Field Roast Grain Meat Company and sauteed it with some yellow bell pepper chunks and thick slices of shiitake. I mixed the pepper and sausage into about a third of the approximately 23-ounce can of Fra Diavolo pasta sauce and a small can of tomato paste, then spread it onto two delicious frozen Vicolo Pizza organic cornmeal crust pizza shells. I spread the mushrooms evenly on top then baked for about 15 minutes on my pizza stone that had been heated in a 425°F oven. I also heated in the oven some onion rings and potato "tater tots". It was a very nice dinner - the pizza was great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home