Thursday, May 28, 2009

Green Chard, Mashed Potato, Field Roast Lentil-Sage deli slice

Like I did when I made my "Taxday Green Chard", I cut a bunch of green chard into quarter inch strips, working from the stems up to the leaves. As I got higher, I let the width this time get a little greater, to perhaps a bit more than 1/2". I sauteed about a third of a yellow onion, cut into thin strips maybe 1/4" x 3/4". When the onion started to clear, I added the chopped chard and strips of red bell pepper. I cooked for about five more minutes till the chard was cooked through, and added a little salt before serving.

I also served some tomatoes with fresh basil from my garden and mashed potatoes. This past weekend while in Asheville, I picked up a product we don't get locally, Field Roast deli slices. I served a rolled up lentil sage deli slice. It was a good and filling meal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home