Saturday, May 30, 2009

Umbrian Lentil Soup, Corn-off-the-Cob


We had a late day today and I wanted to get dinner together quickly. I recently purchased a good looking bottle of Lucini brand Umbrian Lentil Soup. I've seen this company's olive oils, and in the last year or so have noticed their soups. We loved visiting Umbria, just east of Tuscany, a few years ago!

I decided to make a simple dinner, taking advantage of this soup. I simply heated the soup slowly and, taking their suggestion, added a little bit of extra virgin olive oil. I also served some rosemary crostini, which proved particularly good cut into thirds and dunked in the soup. I made two ears of corn-off-the-cob with Earth Balance margarine, Greek oregano, salt, and lime. A nice salad rounded out the meal, with lemon tahini dressing mixed in, as well as greens, olives, avocado, and tomato.

[NOTE: I'm a bit confused when I added the picture on June 20. My camera doesn't lie, and this picture of pizza appears on May 30th. Hmm...]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home