Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Barbecued Seitan over Rice Noodles, Brussels Sprouts with Beans

We had a very nice weekend in Baltimore and Washington, D.C., attending my Johns Hopkins reunion. On Saturday, we had our class banquet; my wife and I put together a reasonable meal of hummus, vegetables, a nice rice dish, and green beans.

On Sunday, we stopped at Sticky Fingers, a great vegan bakery we try to always get to when in DC. Their sticky buns are very good! I hadn't been to Sticky Fingers since they had moved to a new location - the store is much bigger now and they sell a larger number of items, including barbecued
seitan, which I purchased (and used in today's meal). We brought many sticky buns, cupcakes, cookies, and more back - all vegan and yummy! We ended up at Pizzeria Paradiso, one of our favorite pizzerias. We love getting their cheeseless (for my wife) pizzas, or pizzas (for me) with Follow Your Heart vegan cheese. (This time their pizza was just "good" and not great for some reason - the crust wasn't as crispy and the sauce and toppings didn't taste as fresh.)

Today, I made a simple dinner, using the seitan that I served atop rice noodles. The seitan was good - but then my wife and I almost always love seitan. I also made a simple saute of Brussels sprouts and green beans.

2 Comments:

At Mon Apr 21, 01:58:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum-o! I could go for barbecued seitan anyday. =)

 
At Thu Jul 03, 02:17:00 AM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks for your comment, romina! BTW, I tried to visit your blog but can't open it anymore? --Dilip

 

Post a Comment

<< Home