Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Morel Mushrooms, Leftover Spring Masala Dosa, Corn-off-the-Cob

I was shopping today and couldn't resist the fabulous-looking large morel mushrooms. Even at $30/pound (! and I wonder if they undercharged as I seem to remember that the sign read $50/pound!), the mushrooms are so rich that it just took .15 pounds ($4.50), 2 large and 2 medium ones, for my one large serving. I simply sauteed 1/4 of a small onion, sliced, and a few minutes later added the morels, chopped into thirds or quarters. After about two minutes, I served them just with a little salt - yum!

I also had leftover spring masala dosa from Monday night, which I heated. I roasted an ear of corn over my gas range's flame, stripped the kernels, and served it, as I have often been doing, with Earth Balance margarine, fresh lemon juice, and salt. Some baby red carrots, heirloom tomatoes, and salad greens rounded out the meal - just for me tonight as my wife is in class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home