Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Grilled Zucchini with Seitan, Wild Rice

I was recruiting high school students for Johns Hopkins, my alma mater, at a college fair today, and started teaching a new photography class tonight, for the first time for the Town of Cary. Rather than eat out on both Tuesday and Thursday (when I teach photography for the Carrboro ArtsCenter), I put some wild rice in my rice cooker with water (in a 4:1 water:rice ratio) and a vegan bouillon cube and set it to be ready in the evening, and came up with a dish that I could quickly make. Yesterday, I found a nice product, tasty grilled zucchini, and purchased it.

When I got home, all I did was thickly cut seitan into 3/4" cubes and begin sauteeing them. I cut up a medium onion fairly fine and added that a few minutes later. Maybe 5 minutes later, I added slices from a quarter each of red jalapeno and a milder green pepper, as well as a tablespoon or maybe a little more of fresh rosemary needles. A few minutes later, I added a tablespoon or so of chopped fresh basil and the zucchini and just cooked an additional minute. I added a generous amount of dried dill weed (maybe 2 teaspoons?) and served. It was very good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home