Thursday, July 19, 2007

Leftover dosa, corn-off-the-cob, balsamic-marinated mushrooms, 'lemon' tomatoes

I didn't have much time to make dinner today; I had an afternoon meeting with the new Chapel Hill Senior Center (what a delightful staff and gorgeous facility!), who are interested in my classes (we're going to give daytime cooking classes, as well as a film study class, a try in September). The meeting went great and took longer than I had expected (I developed some itchiness yesterday and my meeting's length caused me to have to delay my doctor's appointment to Friday) and, since we had tickets to American Dance Festival tonight, I had to put a meal together quickly.

I had brought home about half of my paper masala dosa from Sunday and I gently reheated it in my toaster oven, and served it with the leftover coconut chutney. I had stopped at Whole Foods Market, and picked up already prepared hot mushrooms with herbs and marinated in balsamic vinegar. I simply roasted some corn and served it with Earth Balance margarine, salt, and lime juice. This past weekend, I had picked up "lemon tomatoes" and served them today - they tasted good, a little sweeter than typical tomatoes with a hint of tartness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home