Thursday, September 14, 2006

Seitan Sticks over Quinoa, Basil-Whipped Potatoes

A friend came over for a quick dinner tonight before we went to an interesting Norweigan film. I loved the idea that I came up with about making marinated seitan sticks, both the first time in early August and a second time for a potluck dinner with mushrooms. I made the sticks in a similar fashion to that first time, but ran out of Consorzio organic Baja Lime marinade; I had some of their roasted garlic marinade, so used a little of it, plus squeezed fresh lime into the marinade. I served the well sauteed seitan sticks over quinoa cooked in vegetable broth. I also made whipped potatoes with a variety of ingredients, including minced shallot and, from my garden, thinly sliced basil.

By the way, I'm a big fan of wikipedia, a collaboratively created encyclopedia, and have enjoyed contributing some information. Tonight I discovered wikiveg, a "that aims to become a one-stop free site for all things related to veganism, animal activism, vegetarianism, and related concerns"!

1 Comments:

At Thu Sep 14, 11:31:00 PM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks, kleo2!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home