Thursday, September 07, 2006

Grilled Brussels sprouts in lemon oil, Usal

In addition to the main course of Brussels sprouts, I heated up leftovers of my wife's usal that she made a few days ago. Usal is made by sprouting black-eyed beans (or other bean) then making a curry by sauteing it in canola oil with mustard seeds, red chili, turmeric, a homemade spice mixture (made by my wife's Mom), and curry leaves. We had one ear of organic bi-color corn, so I couldn't resist grilling it and making it the way I like best, off-the-cob with Earth Balance non-hydrogenated margarine, fresh lime juice, and salt.

2 Comments:

At Sat Sep 09, 01:52:00 PM EDT, Blogger funwithyourfood said...

looks good to me

Teddy

 
At Mon Sep 11, 02:33:00 AM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

I love the smell and taste of Brussels sprouts. But that's one of the very interesting qualities that make us human - it's amazing how one person's heavenly dish is anothers to-avoid-at-all-cost. Thanks for the kind words, kleo2 and funwithyourfood!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home