Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Whole wheat couscous with asparagus-shiitake mushroom saute

Couscous is a simple grain to make that I should make more often. It's easy to make and, prepared in vegetable broth as I do, has a nice flavor that complements other dishes. I made a saute of shiitake mushrooms with asparagus; I included a number of spices, red wine, onion, shallot, and garlic. I guess this was a timely dish; I previewed a film last night about the asparagus industry in Oceana County, Michigan called Asparagus! A Stalk-umentary by Anne de Mare and Kirsten Kelly, which will have its world premiere showing at the upcoming Full Frame Documentary Film Festival later this week!

1 Comments:

At Tue Apr 04, 09:48:00 PM EDT, Blogger Sloping Band House said...

These pictures look great, I can't wait to see them in person.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home