Thursday, March 23, 2006

Pasta with pan-browned garlic and vegan "sausage"

I used up the third of four links from the Mexican Chipotle vegan "sausage" that I first tried last Friday and topped the pasta with artisinal extra virgin olive oil as well as Eat in the Raw's Parma! vegan "Parmesan cheese" (high in B vitamins, iron, Omega-3 fatty acids, and trace minerals, and made from raw organic walnuts, Red Star nutritional yeast, and Celtic sea salt - "and love"). I have a great source (Weaver Street Market) for seeded ciabatta bread - the fennel adds a fabulous taste! - and served it toasted with Earth Balance (a staple spread for me - non-hydrogenated margarine with no trans fatty acids, and tasting just like butter). The heat of the "sausage" was much easier to enjoy in this dish than how I had prepared it last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home