Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Curried Collard Greens with Sweet Potatoes and Chick Peas, Oyster Mushroom Saute


I rarely cook from recipes, but did a quick google search to see if I could get some new inspiration for cooking with collard greens, and found a curried collard green recipe from a group, all-creatures.org, that focuses on a Judeo-Christian ethic of being vegan. The recipe sounded so healthy and good, I had to try it! I followed it with a few substitutions and omissions.

I made a bed of brown rice for the collard greens to be served upon. I also made a simple oyster mushroom saute with 3/4" matchsticks of green onion, and dinner was rounded out by (not so great) canned artichoke hearts with lettuce.

1 Comments:

At Wed Jun 09, 07:00:00 PM EDT, Blogger K said...

this looks really really good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home