Friday, October 23, 2009

Tasty Byte Kerala Curry with Brown Rice and Tempeh

Tonight I put together a quick meal. Fast food doesn't have to lack in nutrition and, as I described this past May (and again in August), "there is a line of convenient Indian (and Thai, I believe) foods by a company called Tasty Byte; the ingredients are good and don't include all sorts of strange sounding chemicals, and they just require boiling for a few minutes within the foil bag the food comes in." I had on hand their Kerala (a southern state in India) Curry, and simply prepared it. We had cooked brown rice on hand, and I sauteed some slices of tempeh. Avocado finished off the meal. Not bad!

2 Comments:

At Thu Oct 29, 12:37:00 AM EDT, Blogger Mary said...

I agree - 'fast food' made at home can be nutritious and tasty. I buy Indian Fare from Trader Joe's - no artificial colors or flavors - no preservatives. They are boil in bag/or microwave. On my shelf I have Dal Makhani, Palak Paneer and Punjab Choley - just add some rice, sounds yummy!

We have a new Trader Joe's opening in Raleigh this Friday - I'm excited because it's a long drive to Cary for groceries!

Hope you read the magazine article soon.
Happy times in the kitchen!
Mary

 
At Thu Oct 29, 03:49:00 AM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Mary, thanks for your comment! I didn't know there was a new Trader Joe's - I guess our area's third one - opening this Friday. That's exciting! Oh, I finally read the "Our State" article tonight -- it was pretty good! What did you think? I love that they included one picture with my daughter. Best wishes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home