Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Tempeh Cubes with Baby Bok Choy and Red Mustard Greens, Leftover Spaghetti Squash with Vegan Sausage and Pesto

I had some baby bok choy and red mustard greens (maybe 3 leaves) to use up. I cut half a container of tempeh into large maybe 1/2" cubes (I normally cut tempeh thin to make it nice and crispy when sauteed, but wanted today to have a chunkier texture with softer taste) and started sauteeing for about 4-5 minutes till it started turning brown, then I added a little bit, maybe 1/5, of an onion chopped into large 1/2" cubes. I let it cook for another few minutes.

I cut leaves of a baby bok choy into halves and hand stripped leaves from the stems of three or four leaves of red mustard greens. I coarsely hand cut the mustard greens into roughly 2-inch squares. As the tempeh got medium brown, I added the baby bok choy and mustard. I let the greens cook down for about two minutes, then added a tablespoon or so of soy sauce and half a teaspoon or so of dried tarragon. It was good and was a filling dinner, combined with Saturday's leftover Spaghetti Squash with Vegan Sausage and Pesto.

2 Comments:

At Fri Mar 21, 08:48:00 PM EDT, Blogger Marisa L. S. said...

Thanks for the good idea of using baby bok choy with tempeh! I sauteed in a bit of sesame oil with tamari sauce, leeks and sesame seeds. It was delicious!

 
At Mon Mar 24, 01:36:00 AM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks, Marisa, for your kind comment. Your version sounds quite good! --Dilip

 

Post a Comment

<< Home