Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Curried Potatoes and Kale, Leftover Limed Rice Pilaf

For our Christmas meal, I made a simple dinner, sandwiched in between a fun 19-mile bike ride and going out to see the opening day showing of the cute film Juno. I had purchased an interesting looking prepared dish from Whole Foods Market, Curried Potatoes and Kale. I simply heated it and served it - it was good! Here are the ingredients - I'll try to make something like this soon: potatoes, kale, ginger, garlic, crushed red pepper, curry powder, canola oil, orange juice, carrots, tomatoes, coconut milk, onions, cornstarch, salt, water.

I also reheated the sweet potato and leftover limed rice pilaf from last Tuesday. Avocado, salad greens, and sprouted chickpeas rounded out the meal.

2 Comments:

At Sun Mar 16, 11:35:00 AM EDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Dilip, I too liked Whole Foods Curried Potatoes & Kale, but there is no recipe on their website. Have you prepared this yet? I would like some guidance on how to cook the kale into the dish.
Thanks, Karen

 
At Sun Mar 16, 12:58:00 PM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks, Karen, for your comment. It's a good reminder that I should try experimenting here. Stay tuned :-) ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home