Saturday, September 05, 2020

Quick Tofu and Vegetable Dinner just for me (no added fat)

I was grocery shopping and got home late; my family had leftovers. I love tofu and have a favorite dish that I make when it's late and I'm not cooking for my wife, who has trouble digesting tofu.
All I do is cut up some vegetables (or use frozen ones; I uesd fresh carrots and kale, and frozen green beans and bell peppers) and cube tofu (I used maybe 3/5 of a 1 pound package of extra firm tofu from Twin Oaks Farms, a favorite of mine), then cook in my Instant Pot pressure cooker for 0-2 minutes (I think I went with 1 or 2 minutes). I then mixed in a little salt, garlic powder, freshly ground black pepper, and onion cut to about 3/8" cubes. I served with dabs of hot sauce, fresh tomato, and leftover rice.
It was predictably good! We have our next So Many Cooks event coming up and this one is on tofu. I'm thinking of demonstrating this - or maybe a chocolate tofu pie? Something else? It should be fun!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home