Thursday, February 20, 2020

Lady Cream Pea Soup with Vegetables, Bagel with Brushcetta (Almost No Added Fat)

This was the first time all winter that we had snow; it was coming down reasonably fast but with temperatures above freezing, not much stuck. Though it wasn't so cold, I thought that soup was in order. I had some dried Lady Cream Peas (so named but really beans) and decided to try using them in a soup.

I put maybe a cup of the peas and a quarter cup of green split peas into my Instant Pot pressure cooker with ample water (maybe four parts water to beans), along with garlic, onion, ripped kale leaves, thickly cut carrot, a Russet potato cut into 1/2" cubes, and 1/2 garam masala.

I cooked under pressure for 12 minutes. After the cooking was done, I waited a few minutes and gently released pressure, then mixed in salt. I served with whole wheat bagels with bruschetta (only 2g of fat per serving, and we had less than a full serving per bagel half, so I'll list this as almost no added fat.
Results

Pending

Ideas for the future

Pending

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home