Friday, January 03, 2020

Air Fried Sunchoke with Vegan Field Roast Apple Sage Sausage (Almost No Added Fat)

I had some sunchokes and decided to air fry them. We had some Field Roast vegan sausages; I cut them into long pieces and cut the sausages into halves, then air fried, along with some rings of onion, at 350°F for 9m then 425°F for 2m. I also made mixed vegetables with spinach, cooked waterlessly, and a salad with tomato, cucumber, radish, salt, freshly ground black pepper, lime juice, and ume plum vinegar. The sausages have 7g of fat per link and one link sufficed for the three of us, so I'll call this an "almost no added fat" meal.
Results

Dinner was good. The sunchokes were crispy; my wife enjoyed that texture and I did, too (though my daughter didn't), but I think I'd like to try them roasted or maybe boiled.

Ideas for the future

I should get sunchokes again and try roasting them or maybe trying them raw and diced in a salad.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home