Monday, August 31, 2020

Jacob's Cattle Beans (No Added Fat)

I have only cooked with Jacob's Cattle Beans once last October when I had made a stew out of fresh beans that I had found at a farmers' market - and now when I search the internet to look at how to prepare them (I found them this past weekend at Whole Foods Market in bulk) from dried beans, I have that earlier blog entry that comes up as the top or second hit! So now that I have dried I thought that I would experiment and, after rinsing and soaking overnight, I cooked in my Instant Pot pressure cooker for 10 minutes.

I loved the beans freshly cooked - they were creamy and full of flavor. I snacked on a bit of them before continuing to prepare the dish.

I mixed in some onion, garlic, two kinds of hot sauce, roasted red bell pepper, spinach, a bit of salt, lemon pepper, lemon juice, garlic powder, and fresh basil leaves. I also made brown rice and a cucumber-olive salad with dried oregano, lemon juice, ume plum vinegar, and a touch of salt and lemon pepper.
 
Results

Pending

Ideas for the future

Pending

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home