Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Potato with Lima Beans (No Added Fat)

I fed my daughter while we were out shopping so was free to use ingredients that she doesn't like for my wife and me, such as asparagus, zucchini, ginger, and jalapeno. Here is what I made for my wife and me.


Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup onion (I used a combination of onion and shallot) cut into 3/8" cubes
  • 1 medium Russet potato, cut into 3/8" cubes (it was probably 2 cups)
  • 1 cup frozen chopped spinach
  • 3/4 cup frozen baby lima beans
  • 1t chopped (approx. 1/4" cubes) jalapeno
  • 1T chopped (approx. 1/4") ginger
  • 4T salsa
  • 1T fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 t salt
  • 1/4 t jerk seasoning
  • 1/4 t garlic powder
Process
  1. I put, in this order, the onion, potato, spinach, lima beans, jalapeno, and ginger into a large Saladmaster stock pan. I cooked waterlessly - i.e., I covered the pan and heated it on medium high until the vapor release started jiggling, then I reduced the heat to low till the jiggle stopped. I let it cook for about 20 minutes.
  2. I then mixed in the salsa, rubbing away any build up at the bottom of the pan, and let the ingredients continue to cook just for another minute.
  3. I turned the heat off and mixed in the lemon juice, salt, jerk seasoning, and garlic powder.
I served with some sauteed (in a cast iron pan with no oil) asparagus, zucchini, and onion, as well as tomato slices.
Results

Pending

Ideas for the future

Pending

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home