Friday, December 15, 2017

Homemade Cannellini Bean - Artichoke Burger (No Added Fat)

I had my wife make a batch of cannellini beans while I was out; they weren't soaked, so she pressure cooked a cup of them for "0 minutes" (i.e., just brought to pressure then rinsed before cooking again) and then added 1/4 cup or so of grilled "ArtiHeart" artichokes and 3 cloves of roughly chopped garlic, and pressure cooked for 20 minutes. I blended the result along with a little onion, garlic powder, salt, and nutritional yeast, then grilled on a cast iron pan with no added oil, making a patty with my hands and then covering with a light coating of whole wheat pastry flour. I also served some mixed vegetables and organic Mandarin with an olive.

My daughter especially loved the burger! I am happy that it did come out well. I should make more burgers from scratch.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home