Tuesday, February 06, 2018

Red Split Lentil Dhal with Okra (No Added Fat)

I decided to make a red split lentil dhal with okra. Red split lentils cook in a 1 to 2 or 2.5 part ratio of lentils to water over 13-18 minutes; I went with 1:2 for 15 minutes. Here is what I did.

Ingredients
  • 1 cup red split lentils
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen chopped okra
  • 1/4 t turmeric
  • 1/4 cup shallot (medium shallot) cut into 3/8" cubes
  • 1 cup corn kernels (I used frozen roasted corn)
  • 1/4 cumin seeds
  • 1/4 t salt (I used kala namak)
  • 2T fresh lemon juice (I used Meyer lemon juice)
Process
  1. I put the lentils, water, okra, and turmeric into my Instant Pot pressure cooker and cooked for 15m.
  2. After the cooking was done, I waited a few minutes and gently released pressure, then mixed in the shallot, corn, cumin seeds, salt, black pepper, and lemon juice, and served with tomato slices and brown rice.
Results

Pending

Ideas for the future

Pending

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home