Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Golden Ball Turnips with Carrot, Broccoli, and Seitan (No Added Fat)

I wanted to use the Gold Ball turnips that I had purchased this weekend. This is what I did.


Ingredients
  • 2 1/2 cups fresh turnip roots cut into 3/4" cubes (I used the two Gold Ball turnip I purchased at a local farmers' market this past Saturday, said to taste good boiled in sugar water for 10-15m; instead, I pressure cooked 2-4 minutes)
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
  • 1 cup carrot cut into 1/4" slices (I had two small carrots; if the carrots were thick, I'd have halved them longitudinally)
  • 1 cup seitan cut into 3/4" cubes (about 4 ounces)
  • 1t basil (I used a frozen cube)
  • 1/2 cup water with 1t turbinado sugar dissolved in it
  • 1 cup baby bok choy cut into 3/8" slices (I used one baby bok choy)
  • 1/2 t (or to taste) salt
  • 1/2 t garlic powder
Process
  1. I put the turnip, broccoli, carrot, seitan, basil, and sugar water into my Instant Pot pressure cooker.
  2. I set it on schedule to cook for 3 minutes; I stuck with high pressure though I bet low pressure would suffice.
  3. I asked my wife to remove excess water and mix in the spices and bok choy when she was ready to eat (she was going to eat a half hour before my daughter and I were to come home)
Results

Pending

Ideas for the future

Pending

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home