Chickpeas and Cabbage (No Added Fat)
I thought of making a chickpea dish to take to some friends who just had twin babies. Alas, they had to move our get together, so we reserved some cooked chickpeas for a future dish and made a smaller course for ourselves.
- 4 cups cooked chickpeas, rinsed
- 3 cups cabbage cut into 1/2" or so long strips (about a small quarter of a cabbage head)
- 2 medium tomatillas cut into 3/8" cubes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 t turmeric
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1T miso (I used chickpea miso, but any kind would be fine)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups onion cut into half moon slices approx. 1/4" x 1 1/4" ( maybe 2/3 of a medium onion)
- 1 1/4 cups carrot cut into 3/8" slices (3 small-medium carrots)
- While I was out today, my wife made a batch of chickpeas in the Instant Pot pressure cooker, so I had that as a starting point. I put the rinsed chickpeas back in the pressure cooker, along with the cabbage, tomatilla, turmeric, cumin, miso, and water, and cooked for 0 minutes (i.e., just let the Instant Pot come to pressure then turn off).
- After the cooking was done, I waited a few minutes and gently released pressure, then added the onion, lime juice, and salt.