Monday, September 28, 2015

Seitan with Roasted Yellow Pepper, Green Beans, and Broccoli Rabe, along with Jade Pearl Rice and Fresh Tomato Slices

Our local coop has had for about a week now an organic, tasty sweet, juicy, and somewhat tart apple, the heirloom Orleans Reinette, which I don't remember seeing before. They're so good - I picked up a half dozen today after trying them a few days ago. For dinner tonight, I had limited time, and put together a simple but tasty seitan dish. I cooked waterlessly in a large Saladmaster stock pan an 8 ounce package of seitan, and frozen green beans and broccoli rabe (maybe 3/4 cup of each) over low heat, covered, for about 15m. I roasted a bell pepper and mixed the pepper in before serving. Dinner was good!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home