Post-Class Late Night Pizza with Pressure Cooked Sauce
Dinner was just for me. My daughter and wife are away this week - and, even if not, they would have eaten something by the time I came home.
Once in a while, I like enjoying vegan Field Roast sausages, and picked some spicy chipotle sausages today, as well as crusty seeded ciabatta. I thought I'd experiment with a quick but tasty meal, seeing how the sauce for pizza could easily be made in the pressure cooker.
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, cut into 3/8" cubes
- (optional) 1 t nutritional yeast
- 1/8 t salt
- (optional) 1 link vegan Field Roast sausage, chopped into 3/8" cubes
- Small shallot cut into 1/4" cubes (about 2 T)
- Bread of choice
- I cooked all the ingredients except the shallot, oregano, and bread on low pressure for 2 minutes in my Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- Tomato sauce can sputter, so I gave the pressure cooker more than 10 minutes to slowly cool down then slowly let our remaining pressure and mixed in the shallot and oregano.
- In the meantime, I had lightly toasted two pieces of the seeded ciabatta. I simply topped the ciabatta with the sauce.