Sunday, August 09, 2015

Leftover Split Red Lentil Dhal, Brown Rice Noodles (No Added Fat)

I'm excited that I designed a new class on pressure cooking and taught a 1-day version of it for the first time yesterday. I had great students and they all loved the class.

I made a tofu and vegetable dish that we finished before I started working on a split red lentil dhal dish. I made a lot of food and had enough of the lentil dish that I heated up the leftovers for dinner tonight.

The lentil dish was easy. I told my students to use a ratio of 1 part split red or yellow lentils to 3 parts water plus a vegan bouillon cube. Vegetables of choice could be added (if a lot of vegetables, a little more water could also be added) and then cooked in the Instant Pot pressure cooker for 8 minutes.

This dhal had quite a few vegetables, such as Brussels sprouts, corn, peas, carrots, broccoli rabe, and more. I added some ginger, salt, and maybe 1/4 of a lemon to give it a very nice fresh, citrus addition. We all loved what the Instant Pot did to make the dish.

My wife and daughter are away this week, so I'm cooking for myself. I served the leftover dhal with some chopped jalapeno. I quickly boiled some brown rice noodles, topped them with hemp seeds, and served some tasty sungold tomatoes for a tasty dinner.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home