Giant Peruvian Lima Beans with Purple Potato and Mixed Greens, Brown Jasmine Rice with Roasted Corn and Zucchini, Herbed Tofu w Vegetables (No Added Fat, Gluten Free)
Tomorrow, by the way, I'm expecting a second Instant Pot pressure cooker - this one is a "smart" one that can be precisely controlled with scripts that can then be shared. Alas, I don't have a smart phone or tablet, so, for me for now, it will just enable me to prepare two pressure-cooked simultaneously, great for home, client meals, and my classes.
I will detail the main bean course below and estimate quantities for my usual 2 or 3 servings, though I made much more since it was for a client, as well. Here is what I did:
- 1 cup Giant Peruvian Lima Beans rinsed and soaked overnight
- 3 medium purple (or Yukon Gold) potatoes cut into quarters (approximately a cup)
- Vegan bouillon cube
- 1 cup frozen or mixed chopped greens of choice (I used mustard, collard, and kale)
- 1/2 t fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice
- (optional) 1/4 t (or to taste) salt
- (optional) 1/8 cup onion, chopped to 1/4" cubes
- I rinsed the beans then added enough water to just cover them, as well as the potato and bouillon cube, and cooked for 23 minutes in my Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- I let the pressure cooker cool a bit for a few minutes, then slowly let the pressure out.
- I added the greens and lemon juice. My client prefers bland food with minimal salt, so I added nothing else, but did add some salt and onion powder at the table.