Fingerling Potato with Edamame, Corn-off-the-Cob (No Added Fat)
I thought that I'd cook some fingerling potatoes that I had, and decided to go with waterless cooking. Here is what I did:
- 1/2 medium onion cut into 1/4" thick half moon slices (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 10 Russian Banana (or other kind) fingerling potatoes cut in halves (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 t finely (1/8") diced garlic
- 2T fennel cut into 1/4" cubes
- 2 cups frozen edamame in pods
- 1t frozen basil
- 1/2 t salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 t lemon pepper
- I put the onion, potato, garlic, fennel, edamame, and basil, in that order, into a large Saladmaster stock pan that I started heating on medium high as soon as the onion went in.
- I covered the pan and waited a few minutes till the vapor lock started jiggling, then reduced the heat to low to stop or minimize the jiggling and steam release.
- I cooked for about 30 minutes then mixed in the salt and lemon pepper, and served.