Cranberry Bean with Zucchini, Acorn Squash Reduction with Corn and Marinara (No Added Fat)
I wanted to make a cranberry bean dish tonight. Here is what I did:
- 1 1/2 cups cranberry beans soaked in ample water overnight (I soaked for about 15 hours, but 8-10 hours would have been plenty), with water optionally occasionally changed
- Enough water to just cover the beans
- Small zucchini cut into 3/8" cubes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Medium bell pepper cut into 3/8" cubes (about a cup)
- 1T finely minced (1/8" or so) ginger root
- 1/2 medium onion cut into 3/8" cubes (approx. 1 cup), divided into 2 halves
- (optional) about a 3/4" length of a jalapeno diced into 1/4" cubes (maybe 2T - but, of course, this can be to taste)
- 1 T finely minced (approx. 1/8") ginger
- 1T lime (or lemon) juice (I used Meyer lemon)
- 1/4 t (or to taste) salt (I used kala namak)
- 1/4 t ground cumin
- 1/4 t turmeric
- I drained and rinsed the beans, then, adding enough fresh water to barely cover them, cooked on high pressure for 27 minutes in my Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- When I was ready to proceed, I slowly let out remaining pressure and opened the pot.
- I added the zucchini, bell pepper, ginger, and 1/2 cup onion, then cooked on high pressure for another 2 minutes.
- When I was ready to serve, I slowly released pressure, mixed in 1/2 cup onion, as well as the lime juice, salt, cumin, and turmeric, and served.