Cauliflower with Blood Orange, Creamy Carrot-Kale-Lima Bean Soup, Seitan with Salsa (Almost No Added Fat)
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets (approx. 5 cups)
- 2/3 of a medium sweet (or other kind) onion cut into thick half moons approx. 1/4" x 1 1/4" (approx. 1 1/2 cups)
- Medium tomato cut into 1/4" cubes (approx. a cup)
- Blood orange (or other orange) peeled and segmented then sliced into 3/8" pieces
- 1 vegan bouillon cube
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 t freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 t oregano
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 1/2 T garlic powder (or 2 cloves garlic finely minced)
- 3/4 cup onion (of any kind) cut into 1/4" cubes
- 1 cup peas
- 1/8 t turmeric
- I put all of the ingredients except the garlic powder, cubed onion, peas, and turmeric, into my Instant Pot pressure cooker and cooked on high pressure for just 1 minute.
- When I was ready to serve, I slowly let out remaining pressure slowly and opened the pot and stirred. It tasted fine but a bit bland, so I added the garlic powder, cubed onion, peas, and turmeric, and turned the pot on in saute mode to heat the peas (they were frozen), then served.
I feel a bit bad that the blood orange, a bit expensive and not often available, didn't exert much of its presence in the meal. I do like the idea of cooking with blood oranges - a dish like this one would have, in hindsight, been better with the fresh uncooked orange pieces added at the end.